Effective February 1, 2022, The Borough of Woodbury Heights has entered a shared service agreement with Logan Township for waste and recycling collection. This new service is designed to be significantly more cost effective and provide a cleaner, more attractive community.
Please read the following material thoroughly and contact the Borough Hall at (856) 848-2832 with any questions.
ABOUT THE COLLECTION SYSTEM
The Borough of Woodbury Heights has purchased and will be distributing carts that are specially constructed to be used in an automated or semi-automated collection system. The cart is designed for ease of handling, durability and has a lid which keeps odors in and moisture out. It is the only container which can be used for trash and recycling collection.
The cart is being provided by the Borough and has a serial number that corresponds to your address. The cart is the property of the Borough. If a resident sells their property, the cart must remain at the address. No CO will be issued if the carts are missing.
DO NOT REMOVE CARTS FROM RESIDENCE.
- Garbage and recycling may be placed curbside no earlier than 6 p.m. on Monday and no later than 6 a.m. on Tuesday
- Containers shall be removed from curbside no later than 8pm. on Tuesday.
- Trash and Recycling is collected every week on TUESDAY.
All residents have received a 95-gallon cart for trash and a 95-gallon cart for recycling. The capacity of the 95-gallon cart is more than three times greater than the standard residential can. A cart filled with standard household waste and recycling should not exceed your cart capacity. Garbage and recycling placed outside the cart will not be picked up. Additional cans will not be picked up.
Please place trash and recycling carts at least four feet apart from each other and clear of any stationary objects (cars, trees, electrical boxes, mail boxes, basketball nets, etc.) Carts should be placed with can opening accessible from the street and the wheels against the curb line to ensure proper dumping. Failure to comply will result in a missed pickup.
PLEASE NOTE. The automated collection cart must have a four feet clearance around it, in order to be properly emptied. Please ensure the container is set away from all utility poles, vehicles, basketball nets, and mailboxes. All carts shall be placed with the wheels touching the curb and all items must be placed in the trash or recycling cart.
Recycling — every week
The Borough of Woodbury Heights will continue with Single Stream collection. This means that you will continue to place ALL recyclables (plastics, glass, cans, paper, and cardboard) in the BLUE 95-gallon cart.
- Recycling items include: newspaper, cardboard, junk mail, office paper, magazines, books, paper bags, plastic containers labeled #1 and #2, glass containers, aluminum and tin/steel beverage and food cans and the like. Shredded paper cannot be recycled and must be disposed of as garbage.
- Please ensure that cardboard is cut down to fit inside the cart.
- Please remove caps from all containers and dispose of in the trash.
- The blue recycling container is not for wood, grass clippings, or other vegetative waste, household refuse or e-waste. Use for single stream recycling only.
- Do Not place items in plastic bags.
- Do Not place any type of plastic bag in the recycle container.
- Do Not use any other recycling cans.
Trash — every week
Please place regular household waste in the BLACK 95-gallon cart. Please ensure that all regular household waste is properly bagged and placed inside the trash cart.
- Do Not use any other trash cans.
Metal/White Goods Pickup – TUESDAYS
Metal/White Good items include such things as: Swing sets, patio furniture, grills, large appliances, bed frames, etc., will be picked up on Tuesdays. In order to have metal/white goods picked up. please call the Public Work’s office at (856)848-2832 ext. 35 or by email to email@example.com to be added to the Metal/White Goods List no later than noon on the business day prior to scheduled pick up.
- Items must be placed to the curb no earlier than 6 p.m. on Monday and no later than 6 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Please place at least 4 feet away from Trash and Recycling Carts to allow for clearance.
Bulk Pickup – 3rd FRIDAY of the month
- Bulk Trash collection is NOW a special pick up. Special arrangements must be made by calling the Borough Hall at (856) 848-2832 to be added to the Bulk List no later than noon on the Thursday before scheduled pick-up. Items must be placed to the curb no earlier than 6 p.m. Thursday and no later than 6 a.m. on Friday.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside for collection.
- Household bulk items include, but not limited to, mattresses, box springs, wood furniture, couches, sofas, chairs, non-metal doors and windows, carpet and the like. If you are uncertain, please call Public Works (856)848-2832 x.35
- Carpet must be cut into 4 foot lengths, rolled and tied in bundles weighting less than 50 pounds.
- Mattresses / box springs placed out in inclement weather need to be wrapped in plastic to prevent saturation.
Electronics contain harmful components if disposed of improperly. Responsible disposal is important to your health and our environment. These items will be collected on Tuesday and should be placed separately from the trash and recycling carts for pickup.
In order to have Electronic/TV/Computer Pickup. please call the Public Work’s office at (856)848-2832 ext. 35 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Electronics List no later than noon on the business day prior to scheduled pick up.
Construction/ Remodeling/ Demolition Debris
* THE BOROUGH WILL NOT BE PICKING UP BULK CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS.*
Residents/ Contractors are responsible for the proper disposal of this debris. IT MAY NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE REGULAR HOUSEHOLD DEBRIS CARTS.
DUMPSTER AT PUBLIC WORKS YARD: A dumpster will be placed at the Woodbury Heights Public Works Yard (414 Glassboro Road) for collection of trash, concrete, asphalt, e-waste and bulk items. Residents will need to make an appointment to drop off their items at the dumpster by calling Public Works (856)848-2832 x35 or by email email@example.com.